Sunday, August 19, 2012

Chop, Chop, Chop

August 19th
Lacey, WA

Yea, the temperature has cooled off, high today about 70, and very balmy.

Not too much going on except trying to get ready for our next BIG trip.  We are scheduled to leave Wednesday, 8/22/12.  Our destination is to Joe's sister, Ellen, in Maryland by Sept 20th.  As some of you may remember we stayed at Ellen's for about two weeks last spring. And, they are letting us come back.  We are really looking forward to another visit.

Friday night we went out to dinner with some friends at a Japanese Restaurant where they chop and cook the food in front of you.  We really had a fantastic evening.  The chef was moving so fast that it was really hard to get decent pictures.





Our friends, Steve, Elaine, Sharon and Art.  Art is 91and has been visiting with Steve and Elaine for a couple of weeks, he lives in Las Vegas and will be leaving in a couple of days,  
So this dinner was in his honor because he is leaving. 
 The chef did not understand this and thought it was Art's birthday, so we just went with it.  



Veggies, shrimp, scallops and calamari 


I thought it was odd to cut up the calamari and scallops but I guess that's the way they do it.


Next he is cutting up the chicken.  Now if I was doing this I would have started with the chicken first, my shrimp was a little over cooked, so I'm sure the calamari and scallops were over cooked too.




And a little flame to make it interesting and fun


We all had a good time, in fact we already made plans to go to dinner again Tuesday night, to celebrate Joe and I leaving on Wednesday.  We don't need much of an excuse to go out to dinner.

Safe travels to all and thanks for stopping by

Have a blessed day

Joe and Nancy


1 comment:

  1. I like the food at those Benihana-type places. I don't think I've ever had over-cooked shrimp, though!

    ReplyDelete