Friday, August 17, 2012

Again, Some Like it Hot (Not Marilyn Monroe)

Friday, August 17, 2012
Still in Lacey, WA

It's hotter today, Some Like it Hot, but not me, a high of 95 and low of 78 and the humidity is up too.  This heat is getting a little old for me.  This is suppose to be the Pacific Northwest, cool at night and warm during the day, by warm I mean 75 to 80.  And, where is our rain, we need rain at least once a week to water my plants and clean the air.  Our air is getting dirty, it was hard to see Mt Rainier today because of the high pressures holding all the fumes and smog down to ground level.  Now I'm rambling too much.

One of our Airstream groups, North Cascade, was having a rally at Hoodsport on Hood Canal which is in the southwest side of Puget Sound.  This is a little cooler especially since they were right on the water.  So we packed up and drove the Jetta over to Hoodsport, a nice drive about 50 miles away.  The weather was clear and a little cooler with a nice light breeze now and then off the water.

It was great to visit with old friends that we had not seen for a while.  We were only there for a few hours in the afternoon, but they had a full day starting with crabbing and then kayaking, knitting and reading, a real laid back rally.

Taken out the car window

Ron checking out the kayak 

Jerry in his kayak




Marilyn modeling the sweater she had just finished knitting
Looks pretty good, eh!

Joe and Rich discussing holding tanks


Kind of bright out, Karen, Marilyn and Marilyn and Gene



Maureen and hubby Ron


 While there I presented Jerry, immediate Past President of the North Cascade Unit, with a ribbon and certificate that I had accepted for him at our Region Rally in Alberta a few weeks ago.



Yesterday, after a visit to the ophthalmologist I had a new prescription for glasses, I went to Costco on the way home to find out if I could order my new glasses here in Lacey and pick them up in Lancaster, PA, since that is where we will be in about 3 - 4 weeks.  NO! that was not possible.  What is the big deal, you would think that this would not be a problem.  I'm going to do some more checking on this.  While in Costco I found some really cute rain boots, just what I had been looking for.

Cute, eh, $22.95 (US funds)


Just heard on the news that it will be cooler tomorrow, Lo of 65' and High of 75' to 80', now that's better.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by

Joe and Nancy

1 comment: