Monday, May 28, 2012

A few days at Dayton

May 23 - May 29
Wright Paterson AFB
Dayton, Ohio

Tomorrow we will be leaving for Jackson Center, Ohio, a whopping 56 miles north of here  It's been really hot here for the last five days, today 96', tomorrow they expect it to be in the 80's then down to the 70's  which is great because we are going back up to Jackson Center to the Alumapalooza Rally with only enough electric to keep the batteries charged, about 3 amps. With our two Fantastic Fans and the 12 volt Breeze we we should be just fine.

Our main reason of coming to Dayton was so I could go to the correct lab for a blood draw.  Before we left home last October my doctor gave me several lab slips for the upcoming 10 months.  I use LabCorp and they are throughout the US I just have to look them up online.

While here we went to the National Museum of the USAF.  The museum takes about three days to go through, luckily it's open every day and it's free.  The museum starts with the beginning of flight, then WW I, WWII, Korea, Southeast Asia and then present day all in six hangers connected together. Joe saw several of the aircraft that he had work on or flew when he was in the Air Force.   They also have an IMAX, they were showing Hubble, Fighter Pilot and Air Racers.  We had already seen Hubble a few months ago, today we saw Fighter Pilot.  I would highly recommend both of these IMAX films.
We have also been to the Pima Air Museum in Tuscon, AZ, the Boeing Air Museum in Seattle, Cape Canaveral and each one is exceptionally well presented and worth a visit.

My Gypsy Girl (GPS) has not been doing well for about 6 months or so, I have been just babying her along, well I finally broke down and got a new one, taking advantage of the Memorial Day Sales at Best Buy.  I have her ready to go tomorrow when we leave.  It will be nice to have one that doesn't turn off when we go over a bump.

Well that's about it, not too much going on for the last several days but we did get caught up on laundry and washed the truck and trailer, they sure needed it.

Safe travels to all

Nancy and Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment