Friday, February 4, 2011

Where does the time go?

Wow!, it's already been one month since I started this blog and this is only the second post I have made.  Just where does the time go?  I can't believe that I already have 10 followers.  Thanks to Carol and Dave (Carol K) from Vancouver WA for being the first follower, we are going to be neighbors (well almost, we will be about 110 miles apart when at home).  Also thanks to all the other bloggers: Randy & Pam, Kenny & Angela, Judy & John, Dennis & Donna, Gail & TC, Dawn & Denise, Bob & Vickey, Heyduke50 and The Old Geezer.  Thanks to all of you, my very first followers.
I am still working full time and trying to go through "stuff" that we need, don't need, might need. and things that we think we might need.  I have sent bags and bags of stuff to Goodwill.  We have been taking a pick-up truck load every week to our "new to us" manufactured home in Lacey which is 86 miles south of Everett.  Since we are moving into a house with about half the square footage we are also having trouble putting everything away. 
Then on Monday 1/31/11 my 90 year old father passed away.  This was expected but it is still hard when it actually happens.  He will be missed.  He started fulltiming way back in 1980 and continued until about 4 years ago.  Back in the 80's there were no cell phones so people had to find a pay phone to use.  If you were in a place like the big "Q" you had to stand in line for the phone.  If you were on the phone too long the others behind you would kind of give you "the eye" and look at their watch every 30 seconds.  My how things have changed.
My last official day at work is 2/26/11.  About the same time heyduke50 is retiring.  We still have lots to do at our house to make it more desireable than all the others that will be flooding the market this spring.  We live about 5 miles from Boeing in Everett so I sure hope they get the contract for the refueling tanker.  Since this is a government contract it really should go to a U. S. company.  It will really help our economy here.
One thing about retiring for me is the fact that I have to say goodbye to all my patients (I am an RN at the local kidney dialysis center).  Some of them have been my patient for 5 - 6 years.  I already had to say good bye to the first ones, J & C (can't say their names, HIPPA rules). They are going to California for a few weeks and won't be back until March 1st.  I will have to stop in to see everyone when I am back here in the area.  And, of course we will all be able to keep in touch through email and my blog.
Remember I am new at this, I will try to have pictures next time and hopefully it won't take me another month to post again.

Safe Travels to ALL
Nancy

4 comments:

  1. all us silent readers whan you to post more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My condolences on your father's passing. You're right, even if expected the actual happening is still sad. Times sure have changed from when he was full timing. I wonder if we'd have half the RVers we have now if today's conveniences of life weren't there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw that you are new followers on our blog. We've been fulltiming over 2 years now. It's a great way of life, but I don't envy what you are doing now, getting rid of stuff and selling the house. It was a pretty stressful time but worth it when it's all over with. Happy travels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't see your latest post until tonight--I don't know why I didn't notice it sooner. Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about the death of your father. What a great example he set for you with his full-time travels. It sounds like you are making progress with your downsizing!

    ReplyDelete