Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A Day at the Falls

Sept 15 & 16, 2012
Four Mile Creek State Park
Niagara Falls, NY

There are so many touristy commercial things to see here I couldn't believe it, and sooo many people, this is the end of September, summer is over.  Luckily we went 15 miles east of the falls to the state park right on the edge of Lake Ontario, nice and quiet and great for bike riding.

View from our trailer, Lake Ontario


Niagara Falls were just stunning,  I was here on a family vacation way back in 1964, the year of the New York's World Fair.  I guess that's kind of dating myself to some people and maybe not to others.

Just a few pictures, I'm sure you have all seen pictures similar to these.  Oh yea, we also went on the famous Maid of the Mist.  We heard someone discussing that the Maid of the Mist will be closing in two years. I hope not, I thinks it's been running since the mid or late 1800's.  Don't really know if that's true or not.


















I was just a speck out there so I had to enlarge it.  I'm on the first of the Three Sister's Islands I had already cropped the picture.  This water in front of me is going straight over the falls about 1/4 mile away.  It will reach a speed of 35 mph.

Thanks for stopping by, have a blessed day and be safe out there

Leaving for Watkins Glen State Park in the Finger Lakes Region in the morning.

Nancy

1 comment:

  1. Hey! While you were at Niagara Falls in 1964, I was at the Worlds Fair with my father! Great pictures of the falls.

    ReplyDelete